AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Harmony remote has died. I'm trying to get by with using either the Vizio Universal Remote or the Comcast remote. In addition to those devices, I have a Sony receiver and LG DVD blu-ray player to control. Thoughts/suggestions? Should I just replace my Harmony?

· Registered
15,528 Posts
First I'd crack open that harmony and clean the button contacts. That'll work for all but the clicky keys. If it's hopeless, take a look at your other remotes. If there's a 6-pin connector under the battery door, you can program them from your PC similar to harmony, with the right cable. Check out the links in my sig. If you're short on cash, check out the refurb harmony deals on amazon. If you're not interested in programming the comcast or vizio from your PC, post the model numbers of the devices you want to control and we may be able to find codes. If you have partially working codes, tell us those too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.