AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the boards but nothing seems to fit my exact problem. While watching baseball when the camera pans rapidly across the outfield it appears as if there are distinct "zones" that freeze the background image (about 4 or 5 areas of various width). It almost appears as if there are very faint smudges that come forward on the image. The foreground does not appear to be affected. I attempted to freeze the image but I cannot. It is almost as if the screen cannot keep up with the motion but corrects too quickly to be seen when the picture is frozen.

This is only noticeable on solid color backgrounds that are moving which led me to believe it was so sort of banding. I will try to DVR the next game I watch and see if I can get an image to post. Solid color screens without motion do not show this effect. I wonder if it has something to do with the background being the same color but not uniform texture (grass in this example). This occurs regardless of picture enhancing features being on or off.

Anyone know if this is a fault with the panel (I know it must be hard to say without an image)? Otherwise the picture is great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I turned eveything off (smooth motion, noise reduction, DCR) and I still notice it. I think I can live with it since it really is only noticable when there is a large area the same color and the motion is fast. And like I said before it appears to happen only if there is texture. Interestingly on outfields (viewing baseball) with sharp lines it is worse than smooth ones.

Just worried that it might get worse. I wish I had some way to capture video and post it. On a still solid color screen there is no indication of anything similar. If I record it and play it back it is there but if I freeze the frame I cannot see it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more I think about it, I do not notice it while playing video games either. It does not seem likely but I wonder if it could be the HDMI input since my cable box has that green line and tearing issue so I have to set the tv to zoom1. I'll try the cable feed through component and see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I finally took some pics and sent to customer support. Vizio is sending me a new set. I guess this is not something that is typical. Hopefuly I just had a bad panel and the new set will not have the same issues. Customer support was excellent by the way. I am very impressed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts