AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there are new models coming out from vizio and everyone is talking about the VF551XVT, but what about the other models. As a person who hasn't bought an hdtv and cannot afford the "big guns", i took the liberty in e-mailing vizio on when these two new tv's would be arriving. response

The models are due out at Target and Costco around May 19th.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 1:46 PM

To: Techsupp

Subject: Vizio VL320M and VL370M

When will the Vizio VL320M and the VL370M be released as on your site it has stated to be released in spring 2009 and it is now April and we do not have a release date. If you would be so kind to inform me on when can I expect to see these specific models in retails, i would be appreciated.

For those of you who are too lazy to check these specific models:

VL Models and Features

Model: VL320M

Size: 32" LCD

Resolution: FULL HD 1080P 1920x1080

Contrast: 50,000:1 Mega DCR

HDMI inputs: 3

Game Port: Yes

Audio Enhancements: SRS TruSurround HD

Availability: Spring 2009

Price: $599.99

Model: VL370M

Size: 37" LCD

Resolution: FULL HD 1080P 1920x1080

Contrast: 50,000:1 Mega DCR

HDMI inputs: 3

Game Port: Yes

Audio Enhancements: SRS TruSurround HD

Availability: Spring 2009

Price: $699.99

so what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Those are very very interesting specs. I have the Vizio VO32L (720P) and it's been awesome. The model you posted has improved specs on the one I got. They keep improving their models each year. I think this one should be a nice solid set. at the Mnf. price of $599 expect it to be a little less than that at Target and Cosco's . If I was in a market for it this would surely catch my eye.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
and it's going to be a 120Hz and I do believe, I may wrong, but I do think it will have an IPS panal as well. These are excellent specs and for the price, WOW!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minal187 /forum/post/16212944

The models are due out at Target and Costco around May 19th.

This is good to know. I'm waiting for a check for the warranty replacement of current TV and was going to buy a VOJ320F but now I am going to wait and consider the VL320M.

Has anyone seen the complete specs? Not just the summary that is posted above.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The contrast for the 32 will be 1300:1 and for the 37 1400:1 both with a response time of 6ms and brightness of 500nits. This is according to the specs in the manual.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hopefully, the OTA tuner will be better than the one in the VO32LF. I bought one of those and returned it - I found better reception with my Zenith converter box.

·
Registered
678 Posts
In the market for a 37, have they been released yet, looked at costco and none their. Has anyone out there have any updated information as to when? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopt /forum/post/16515201

In the market for a 37, have they been released yet, looked at costco and none their. Has anyone out there have any updated information as to when? Thanks.

yah i've sent another e-mail concerning the 32 and 37 inch.

Hi Jamie,

as for now we do not have any information on when the release date will be an it will definitely be announce in our Website

thankyou and best regards.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Division directly at (877) MY-VIZIO. (877) 698-4946.

that was there reply.

HOWEVER...

when you check vizio's website there are updates in the 32-41 category

these include the specs for VO370M (never heard of it), VL370M, and VL320M

i'm sure the VO370M is like the black version of the VL370M (java colours)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 /forum/post/16516889

when will these sizes have LED backlighting ?

dunno. smallest LED is 40". and i don't really think you need LED backlighting on tv's this small do you?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Emailed vizio asking about the VL370M availability and was told july timeframe. I also asked if it was going to be 120Hz, and they replied no. Bummer I was hoping for 120Hz...

·
Registered
293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopt /forum/post/16539591

Emailed vizio asking about the VL370M availability and was told july timeframe. I also asked if it was going to be 120Hz, and they replied no. Bummer I was hoping for 120Hz...
http://www.vizio.com/about.aspx?cid=2890&id=1318

Quote:
Each model in the VL and VT Series incorporates VIZIO's Smooth Motion II technology that refreshes motion picture images at twice the speed of standard 60Hz models...

Either the person that replied didn't know their facts, or Vizio could be making last minute changes.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts