AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with either the Vizio VO37 or Toshiba 37AV50U? They are both available at around the same price range, just not too sure on the specs.

I plan on using the LCD for standard/HDtv viewing, sports mainly, with some occasional dvd usage (no Blu ray yet).

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In store with both side by side the Vizio looked to display better colors even though the person working there insisted that the toshiba was better built, not sure if this was because of the settings that the Vizio and toshiba were set at though.

Do you know anything about the service support of Vizio brands? I've heard some horror stories, though the majority have been positive.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
salesman will always try to push bigger brands.

Haven't had any problems so far but when I called to find out all the information about warranty and out of warranty I found them to be exceptional.

No matter what company you'll always have unhappy customer's, it's just always going to happen.

I found Vizio to have a better picture than the Toshiba as well, but that's just my opinon.

Also just a hunch, could be wrong but did you go to Circuit City, for whatever reason they are PUSHING the Toshiba's, I don't know maybe too many in stock?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it was at costco. Now I just need to make my way over to the store to purchase it.

Thanks for all your input and advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts