AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Samsung 7100 tv and hooked up my vizio soundbar via optical. I get sound from the tv with regular channels and can hear the menus beep etc when scrolling.

But as soon as I go into the Samsung apps and play a movie, there is no sound.

Spent a good day and a half on the phone/chat with vizio, Netflix and Samsung. Everything points to the Samsung apps as being the problem, but Samsung's customer service is horrible.

Is anyone here familiar with the vizio bar and why there is no sound when using the Samsung apps?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had this same problem. I discovered that even if you have the TV send PCM to the external speaker, it will switch to Dolby Digital when using an app (like Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon Instant Video, etc). I went back into the TV settings, switched sound to PCM (again) and everything worked fine.

Looked all over Google and couldn't find the answer, but this question popped up first. I suspect a ton of these TVs will be sold in the next few weeks so hopefully this helps others.

By the way, I have the Costco model, which is UN55f7050a.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.