AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1022 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
 http://70.168.148.201/documents/down...D650SV-WEB.pdf

This panel comes with 4 sets of polarized 3D glasses or "Theater" glasses as Vizo is calling them. It also says: "Coming soon".

Questions:

Will it play "shutter glasses" 3D movies?

Will it be compatible with the current TV standard for 3D(DirecTV, Comcast, etc.)?

Spec sheet states:"Theater 3D:Yes; Full HD 3D:No". What does that mean?

Will this be a game changer and obsolete our new shutter 3D panels?

·
Registered
946 Posts
It's my understanding that the polarized passive sets will be fully compatible with all braodcasts and blu-rays, but that the resulting resultion may be reduced in comparison with the active panels. There are already laptops which use this tech on the market.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyperson /forum/post/19539276

http://70.168.148.201/documents/down...D650SV-WEB.pdf

This panel comes with 4 sets of polarized 3D glasses or "Theater" glasses as Vizo is calling them. It also says: "Coming soon".

Questions:

Will it play "shutter glasses" 3D movies?

Will it be compatible with the current TV standard for 3D(DirecTV, Comcast, etc.)?

Spec sheet states:"Theater 3D:Yes; Full HD 3D:No". What does that mean?

Will this be a game changer and obsolete our new shutter 3D panels?

Yeah along with what Steve just said, I think this will only offer half resolution. I have read on other sites that there is no cross talk & that the 3D "effect" makes up for less resolution. Of course OMMV

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
this polarized 3D sounds good if they are geting no cross talk with it.

but i though active shutter was the standard for the market.

i hope these companys dont spilt the market & thanks lee sorry for the dumb question

this vizo has a Refresh Rate of 120Hz which is cool.

cant waite to see this tv in a store

·
Registered
109 Posts
This would be a game changer. Now I not going to upgrade to active shutter tv. Even though I already got a Sammy 40 3d led, I'll wait for passive 3d to come out!!!!! You can use custom Oakley prescription glasses with this and the movie theaters. And I've saved 6 pairs of the real3d glasses!!!!!

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremador /forum/post/19567098

I would definitely get this if I had the money. Did Vizio just revolutionize 3D?

Nope - Xpol tech 3D LCDs have been available for a while (years). First in Japan (from Hundai), then in the UK (from LG). Both Panasonic (25") and JVC (46") sell them in their Pro Video line. And I think so does Sony.

·
Registered
1 Posts
XVT3D650SV Saw at Costco. Glossy screen reflects everything like a mirror. Looks like they've abandoned matte screens and serious viewers. We can hope that the glossy trend lasts no longer than 3D. Let's hope for a 2D version with a matte screen and a lower price!

·
Banned
829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcarr /forum/post/19656421

XVT3D650SV Saw at Costco. Glossy screen reflects everything like a mirror. Looks like they've abandoned matte screens and serious viewers. We can hope that the glossy trend lasts no longer than 3D. Let's hope for a 2D version with a matte screen and a lower price!

in stores huh? I'll have to check this out

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dhereicome /forum/post/19656506

in stores huh? I'll have to check this out

Yea,,, count me as well for a "in stores huh ?"

Quote:

What city/Costco has them in store ?

I was told yesterday that they have not shipped out to any Costco's or Sams Club's yet.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:

That sucks! I'm looking for a 3D TV > 60" with a matte screen, but I guess they don't exist?

1 - 20 of 1022 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.