AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced unstable Gigabyte MA69GM with Asus M3A78-EM. I am running Vista SP1 with ATI 8.5 (that came with mobo CD). Connected LCD monitor to VGA and a projector to HDMI. I am using AVerMedia AVerTV PCIe as TV tuner.

VMC launches fine. However, when I click on Live TV, it freezes. I cannot even start the Task Manager and have to reboot the PC.

Windows is giving video hardware error. Has anyone experienced this problem? I would appreciate if you could share your experience and expertise to solve this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I suggest that you replace the May 2008 driver(8.5) with the July 2009 driver(9.7) from the ATI web site.

How do you have the two displays configured, in clone mode or in extended desktop mode?

Which display is the Primary Display?

What are your resolution settings for the two displays?

You might try just connecting the LCD monitor until you have it working without problem before you also connect the PJ.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will try updating the drivers. Displays are in clone mode.

PJ is the primary display and resolution is 720p. I did the basic Catalyst configuration.

It froze once or twice and then worked for sometime yesterday before I quit for the night. However, did not work this morning for at least twice. Right now installing SP2. I will attempt installing latest catalyst later. One question though, Can I just install new Cat drivers over the old one?

Someone on this forum suggested that Cat 8.9 is stable for 780G mobo. What is your opinion.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Sorry can't help you with the 7870G MOBO question.

I suggest you try the latest ones and if that does not help then maybe you should try the 8.9 drivers.

Does it make any difference what the resolution or soiurce of the TV program you are watching is?

Have you also checked to be sure you have the latest drivers for you tuner card from the AverMedia Website?

Do you have any problem playing DVDs in VMC?

What is the Native resolution of your LCD moniotor and of your PJ?

Can you record a TV program using the guide and play it back?

Can you play the sample recorded programs in VMC if you still have them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts