AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though I only experience choppy playback when using VMC as my player of choice. In WMP it plays fine. (I always assumed that the two were basically the same thing) I have CoreAVC installed and FFDshow. Is there anything I need to do to CoreAVC to work with Vista Media Center, as it seems to work fine with WMP. I would like to use VMC to be able to use the frontend of my movies or soemthing similar.

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwwood /forum/post/12856475

It seems as though I only experience choppy playback when using VMC as my player of choice. In WMP it plays fine. (I always assumed that the two were basically the same thing) I have CoreAVC installed and FFDshow. Is there anything I need to do to CoreAVC to work with Vista Media Center, as it seems to work fine with WMP. I would like to use VMC to be able to use the frontend of my movies or soemthing similar.

Thanks.

Were you able to find a solution for this? I have encountered the same issue only within VMC. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For my setup, even though I had installed coreavc it wasn't being used by default. I had to go into the ffdshow video properties and set the H.264/AVC decoder to disabled. After that, playback was perfect and the cpu usage % was reduced.

If you are unsure of the codecs being used to decode a particular video file, I would recommend downloading gspot. It is an invaluable tool when trying to ensure that your system is setup correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts