AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Catalyst 3.7 and ATI 9800 Pro and have to report a strange issue with the driver in VMR9 mode. My HTPC is a true warrior (install, de-install, tweak, re-tweak) so it may be the issue just on my system with overloaded registry, but anyway I want to give the others heads up.

When I watch DVDs using ZP and VMR9 (filters really not important here), and turn on Anti-aliasing all the way up in 3D Catalyst tab, the card is not doing Anti-aliasing for DVD image. No other control programs (like Powerstrip or Rage3D) running at the time of test - just clean reboot in Win XP. I am sure that previous drivers (at least at one point) did it. This results in significantly reduced PQ in VMR9 mode.

I found this out when I played with custom resolutions in Powerstrip 3.45 as under "Performance Profiles > Configure" I discovered that "Force full scene 3D Anti-aliasing" box is unchecked. You check the box, go back to ZP and off course, you find out things are much, much better. This was the reference quality picture I was looking for. You can do the same in Rage3D tweak utility (by the way, if you are using it, you can gain slight improvement by checking the box of W-buffer support and Colorfill support in 3D tab).

I would be interested to know if this is just issue on my system, or Catalyst is really missing the point of VMR9.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody with 9800 Pro and Catalyst drivers experiencing the same problem? I know there are lots of 9800 Pros out there by now and would really appreciate the input even if you use different version of drivers.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.