AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to play individual .vob files thru the HiPix with the add-on? It always goes back to default Zoomplayer media player and does not output thru the HiPix.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jim,

Yes you can. You can specify your own graphs for ZP to use in media mode, just like you do in DVD mode. Have a look at zoom player's dvdgraph and mediagraph directory and compare some of the files.

You'll need to call the file vob.mediagraph. Content you be aproximately the same as the .dvdgraph file that you use. Instead of the DVD Navigator, you should have a "Source File" and an MPEG splitter. I'm sure you can figure it out relatively quickly. If not, let me know and I'll try to be more specific :)

Peter

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not great with graphs, but will try to figure it out,

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jim,

This should give you a starting point. It's been a while since I've played with this, but I found this in my mediagraph directory... Called vob.mediagraph.

LoadFilter({E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770},Source File)

SetFilterFileName(Source File,)

LoadFilter({79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767},Default DirectSound Device)

LoadFilter({C42C9605-F438-43D2-A579-272C8C29D4A4},HiPix Video Renderer)

LoadFilter({7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6},InterVideo Audio Decoder)

LoadFilter({0246CA20-776D-11D2-8010-00104B9B8592},InterVideo Video Decoder)

LoadFilter({3AE86B20-7BE8-11D1-ABE6-00A0C905F375},MPEG 2 Splitter)

ConnectPin(Source File,Output,MPEG 2 Splitter,Input)

ConnectPin(MPEG 2 Splitter,Video,InterVideo Video Decoder,Video Input)

ConnectPin(MPEG 2 Splitter,Audio,InterVideo Audio Decoder,In)

ConnectPin(InterVideo Audio Decoder,Out,Default DirectSound Device,Audio Input pin (rendered))

ConnectPin(InterVideo Video Decoder,Video Output,HiPix Video Renderer,Video Input)

Note that the name of the audio output pin of the splitter isn't always "Audio". It depends on what type of audio track is included in your vob. I've found that it's either named "Audio" or "AC3". There's gotta be a demux filter out there that does this a bit more consistently.

Good luck!

Peter

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clarify, you can register multiple filters in ZP at the same time or am going to have to re-register filters when I play .vobs and then DVD's?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
Filters are registered "globally" with Windows. Once registered, you never have to register it anymore.

In DVD mode, ZP loads the filters specified in the .dvdgraph file and connects them as specified in that file.

In media mode, ZP normally let's Windows figure out which filters to use and how to connect them. You can, however, tell ZP that for a specific extension (like .VOB) it should use the filters and connections (collectively, the "graph") you specify. To do this, you:

1) make a file in ZP's mediagraph directory called .mediagraph, where is the file extension for which this file is valid.

2) tell ZP to use the graph you've specified. You should find this in "options" -> "Manual Filters" -> "Auto By Extension".

Hope this helps!

Peter

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help Peter, I only had to edit the "audio" to AC3 in the Graph and "Auto by Extension" option and I was up and going!!

Thanks,

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.