Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the developer of TT,

Any idea when VOB and mpeg playlists will be supported by TT? When is the next upgrade scheduled and what will it include? Will it have support for DPLII like WinDVD 4?

I have asked these questions first at immersive forums but have received no response but for some preaching. I think the members at AVSforums need to know this before they decide to buy the DVD software made by the HTPCer for the HTPCers!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Skoka123:

___If you have scanned over the last few days of posts in the Immersive forums, you may have seen a hint of future capability such as the one you have asked for from Andrew himself … Hint Hint ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi Srikanth,

I have heard and understood the feature requests from various customers, not just yourself. However, you honestly can't expect me to reveal new features and release dates in advance can you?

Regards,

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Chivs
Hi Srikanth,

I have heard and understood the feature requests from various customers, not just yourself. However, you honestly can't expect me to reveal new features and release dates in advance can you?

Regards,
Andrew,

We all know what a wonderful product TT is. Especially the ability to control through Pronto. All that I am asking for is a statement or even a hint like 'yes we are looking into adding new features..."

As far as I can tell, the changes from 1.0 to 1.2 have been more on bug fixes and a few optimizations for various hardware setups. No, I am not undermining your efforts. I do understand that no other software developer with such a small user base would make optimizations for various hardware configs. Your support of the software has been tremendous.

But from a feature list point of view I have seen very few features that have been added to the product. And now that more and more robust DVD softwares are available with much more features than TT (I mean the features that I am looking for) I would like to know if you have plans to offer these features and if so when.

From a customer standpoint, I thik I am justified in asking such questions. You obviously can ignore my questions leaving me to ponder other alternatives.

Blight: I think the difference between your product and Andrew's is, his is commercial and yours is not. But then again, there are other softwares that cater to HTPC community like Snapstream etc that always announce their future software release dates and features.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Srikanth,

Your point is well taken, however I would argue that quite a few new features have been added or enhanced since the original release. Some of them could be termed 'rounding out' the product, but I still consider them an overall improvement to the original goal of the product.

- Eject key now opens and/or closes the DVD tray

- Pressing Play will load a DVD if the tray is open and commence playback.

- Remote control files that occasionally double-launched the player should no longer have a problem.

- The main registration page has been revamped to make registration easier.

- The on-screen video controls can now be modified with the mouse.

- The automatic blanking has been enhanced to allow a manual override.

- The timeout for the mouse pointer can now be set manually.

- Users with PowerStrip experiencing single pixel problems or lines on the bottom of the screen should no longer see this.

- The Movie Start feature has improved accuracy for playback.

- There is now a built-in screen saver that slowly bounces the logo around the screen after periods of inactivity

- The Audio and Subtitle streams can now be selected via keyboard or remote.

- There is an option to auto-resume a movie from the last scene when it is next used.

- Aspect Ratios are now defined on a resolution independent basis, allowing custom AR’s to be set for each resolution used.

- New feature to jump forward or backward in a movie in 10 second increments.

- Hardware acceleration on Radeon cards is now supported under all OS’s

- Re-arranged Configuration dialog.

- User-selectable FF/RW Skip time. In the previous version, jumping forwards or backwards was in 10 second increments. This is now a user-configurable setting.

- When saving new Video Default Settings, you now have the option to update all previously saved DVD settings.

- DVD Language support:

The default language for DVD Menus, Audio and Subtitles can now be set.

- The ability to repeat Chapters has been added, HotKey H

- The ability to repeat Titles has been added, HotKey H a second time.

- A-B Repeat, HotKey D

- Additional HotKeys to round out certain commands:

Resume: M

Cycle Angle menu: CTRL-G

Cycle Subtites: CTRL-S

To your point on where the product is going, many things have happened behind the scenes which have not shown up in point releases. The next release should be a big one ;) but I can't tell you what's in it or when just yet.

And yes, the difference between Blight and TheaterTek is that I operate a business.

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.