AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been recording "Silent Mobius" on TechTV, and I have all episodes except #5.

A friend got them all, and gave me a copy of his episode 5, except that he had already burned it to DVD, so he gave me a copy of the resulting .vob file(s). Is there any way I can convert/rejoin them back to a single standard .mpg file on my Mac (OS X or 9) so I can just throw it into PixeDV with the others?

Thanks,

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if this is "official", but I have always just renamed the .vob to .mpg. Worked fine for Windows Media Player.

Couldn't hurt to try.

--Matt

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D'oh! That was it. Worked like a champ!

Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turned out that the .vob file has a PCM audio track, not a MPG audio track like the rest of the Replay files. (My friend made the disc with Womble, and we're not sure if it got converted over when made or when pulled back.) Capty doesn't play back PCM audio. I'm almost ready to burn a DVD-RW just to see if the final DVD cares one way or another. Do all the audio types of all the .vobs need to be the same on a disc, or can they change from item to item?

If that doesn't work, is there a preferred method for converting PCM audio to MPG, then re-muxing them back together? I thought about using MissingMPEGTools for demux/remux.

What can I use to (cheaply) convert it?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.