AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the Voice Activated Remote Control phenomenum rears its ugly head every couple of years. The last several attempts at this seem to have failed miserably. Don't get me wrong, its a good idea. Its just that nobody has yet been able to perfect it. There is now a new version on the scene which looks like a silver & black alien by the name of InVoice. They have 2 models, one is a 4 Device model and the other is an 8 Device model. MSRP is $99.95 and $149.95 Has anyone used these latest models, and how well do they work? After my last experience with this kind of stuff, I'm hesitant to jump back into it.

If its anything like the programs available for computer voice activated typing, we probably have a long way to go. That hasn't exactly been perfected, either. The last time we tried that, you had to speak slowly and enunciate your speech very clearly. If you caught a cold, it would not recognize your voice. I also have a voice activated cell phone, which seems to be better, but you still have to enunciate clearly or forget it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
A friend saw a voice activated remote at Sams Club a few months ago and almost got it until one of the sales associates walked by and reccommended not to get it. The associate said she bought one and it was hard to operate and didnt work right.

Steve

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve: It sounds like the technology for this hasn't gotten any better in the last few years. I wonder if this is the same brand of unit that I can get from one of my suppliers.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have a voice activated remote:

"Honey, can you change the channel?"

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bhagi: I think thats a prior generation of voice activated remotes. Your version isn't always in the room, or if its at the mall, it doesn't do you any good. Also, one of the problems with your model has always been that it has a bug in it called mood swings, and it may not react the way you want it to. My version of that remote causes me to wait too long and I often have to repeat the command to the point that I would just get up and do it myself. Do you have any software (not hard ware) to improve her response? Let me know, I will buy it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
So how loud do you have to yell "mute" when listening at reference? :D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I went to Sams today to see the brand & model of the remote but it was gone. I asked one of the sales associates about it and they said it has been since removed from the shelves due to complaints and bugs.

Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Philips Pronto can be setup to be Voice Activated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.