AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my audio from PS3 set up so that I hear voice comms from my headset, and everything else comes from my 5.1 system. I'm looking to do the same with PC gaming. I assume I can achieve that easily with the mixer built into Windows 7?

As for headset, I'm looking for a mono headset which doesn't interfere with the audio from speakers too much. Logitech Vantage seems to be what I'm looking for, are there any others people are using?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Always wanted a setup like this, so I can use my 5.1 setup for sound effects/music/immersion and just a wireless mic and non-sound blocking ear piece, like it would be in real life. Gave up the search.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What program are you using for Voice comms? An in-game feature or an external program like Ventrilo?

If you have HD front audio ports Windows 7 should treat them as a separate sound device, and you can configure your voice comms to use that device while the rest of the system sounds use your default speakers. This is the confog I've been running for years.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
why don't you just get a mic that clips on to your shirt? I used that for quite a while when i was using my Senns 650's for gaming. Worked great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.