AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently live in the US and I am enjoying quite a lot my Onkyo A9555 amplifier. In a few months I will permanently move to Europe and would love to bring it with me. Any idea on how to deal with different voltage (110 vs 220)? Checked the manual and the 9555 does not adapt itself. However, since the same model is sold in Europe, I assume I could change (or better, ask to change...) the transformer. Is that an option?

I would stay away from external transformer.

Thanks!

Paolo

·
Registered
12,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfont /forum/post/20881398

Hi all,

I currently live in the US and I am enjoying quite a lot my Onkyo A9555 amplifier. In a few months I will permanently move to Europe and would love to bring it with me. Any idea on how to deal with different voltage (110 vs 220)? Checked the manual and the 9555 does not adapt itself. However, since the same model is sold in Europe, I assume I could change (or better, ask to change...) the transformer. Is that an option?

I would stay away from external transformer.

Thanks!

Paolo

You should talk to Onkyo..

Since amplifier sales are higher in Europe than North America, the A9555 may have a dual (120V & 230V) primary power transformer..

A check of the A9555 Service Manual will disclose this point.

If indeed..

A dual primary power transformer is used then the changeover can easily be done by a qualified service technician...

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code /forum/post/20882115

You should talk to Onkyo..

Since amplifier sales are higher in Europe than North America, the A9555 may have a dual (120V & 230V) primary power transformer..

A check of the A9555 Service Manual will disclose this point.

If indeed..

A dual primary power transformer is used then the changeover can easily be done by a qualified service technician...

Just my $0.02...

Thanks.

I had asked Onkyo and their reply was "It is not advised to alter the voltage on these unit as it may cause harm to the receiver and you will void your warranty.".

The manual says, under power supply, that it supports 110, 220, 230...which sounds good. At the same time, it also say that "AC outlet voltages vary from country to country. Make sure that the voltage in your area meets the voltage requirements printed on the unit's rear panel". In my case, the rear panel only refers to 110.

Any idea?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.