AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow how did this not go nuts on the net?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2564

Read the very last paragraph.

Quote:
WMA-repped Marks is writing a number of scripts, including "One Free Murder," for producer Kevin Misher. But he's found a niche reimagining branded properties. He's turning the animated series "Voltron" into a live-action film for producer Mark Gordon; he's developing a screen version of the vidgame "Street Fighter" for Hyde Park; and he's scripting a feature for Warners based on DC Comics character the Green Arrow.

Edit: hehe after doing more research this was announced way back in 2005. I guess I'm late. IMDB has it listed as coming next year but they have no cast and no script so I doubt that'll happen.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Whoopdeedoo

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Cane /forum/post/0

voltron, schmoltron...

Transformers 7-4-7

I agree, although, if Transformers is as big this summer as I hope/expect it to be, I guarantee they will move fast to get Voltron in theaters before the sequal to Transformers comes out, capitalize on its success.

Transform and roll out

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
YES

I loved Voltron as a kid....and I'll love it as a 27 year old if it is done like Transformers looks like it will be done...

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
But- but- what these people don't get is the reason the show was great was because it sucked. Not in a Hollywood mega-budget way but a charming cheesy Thunderbirds way. Voltron sets looked like dioramas you made as a kid. These Hollywood movies will suck too, but in a completely wrong way. For the cost of the new Transformers movie you could have bought 1,000 starving African kids a new Ferrari and wouldn't that have been a wiser use of the money??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 /forum/post/0

I agree, although, if Transformers is as big this summer as I hope/expect it to be, I guarantee they will move fast to get Voltron in theaters before the sequal to Transformers comes out, capitalize on its success.

Transform and roll out
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/30/...rmers-sequels/

I hope Voltron is starting up soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredProgGH /forum/post/0

But- but- what these people don't get is the reason the show was great was because it sucked. Not in a Hollywood mega-budget way but a charming cheesy Thunderbirds way. Voltron sets looked like dioramas you made as a kid. These Hollywood movies will suck too, but in a completely wrong way. For the cost of the new Transformers movie you could have bought 1,000 starving African kids a new Ferrari and wouldn't that have been a wiser use of the money??

Do you really think starving African kids dream to own a Ferrari ?

A wiser use of money indeed . Boy, you should look in Wikipedia for The Abraham Maslow pyramid associated with his hierarchy of need theory.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredProgGH /forum/post/0

For the cost of the new Transformers movie you could have bought 1,000 starving African kids a new Ferrari and wouldn't that have been a wiser use of the money??

Seriously....did you just really mean to say that, or was it a joke?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves /forum/post/0

Do you really think starving African kids dream to own a Ferrari ?

Of course. With a Ferrari you can get chicks, or you could sell it and buy the entire village and still have money left over to bribe the government. You can't lose.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgillyjcu /forum/post/0

Seriously....did you just really mean to say that, or was it a joke?

Do they have sarcasm on this planet??

·
Registered
460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV /forum/post/0

If Sven isn't gonna be in it, I refuse to watch...

Oh he'll show up in the first scene, carrying a phone and running around a house running away from Drew Barrymore. He'll also be the only thing on the poster advertising the film.

*lol*

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 /forum/post/0

Wow how did this not go nuts on the net?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2564

Read the very last paragraph.

Edit: hehe after doing more research this was announced way back in 2005. I guess I'm late. IMDB has it listed as coming next year but they have no cast and no script so I doubt that'll happen.

I love Voltron and that rare move Fleet of Doom that had the Lion Force team up with Vehicle Force. Ahhh those were the days.

HOWEVER,

I feel this movie may flop being that Power Rangers is a direct ripoff of Voltron. They have already milked that genre of huge robots and robots to combing into one large robot to save the day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.