AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of building a new house and preparing it for whole house audio. I have run ENT conduit to every low voltage box in the house. My question is regarding the volume control box for each room. I know when running your low voltage cabling, you should stay at least 12-18" or better away from your electrical lines to avoid interference, however I installed "add-on" low voltage boxes that attach onto the side of the light switch box for the volume control to mount in. Then I started thinking, am I defeating the purpose of keeping my low voltage runs away from electric lines when the volume control is going to be mounted right next to the light switches? Should I move the volume control box one stud over and keep it away from the light switch? It would look nicer to have only one wallplate with the lightswitch and volume control together but am I asking for trouble?

Any input would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I ould seperate them and you may even find an electrical code requirement that you do so.

Of course I hope you are pulling CAT5e to the VC position and not just speaker wire as simple volume control gets irritating pretty fast....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.