AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have "Watch COMCAST" activities setup using the following devices on my Harmony 880 Universal Remote Control:

Comcast DVR

Sony LCD TV

Onkyo 606 Receiver;

During the Activity setup, I told it to control the volume through the Onkyo Receiver rather that my TV.

But when I am watching TV using the above activity and I press the volume buttons, it sends the signal to my TV for volume change rather than sending it to my Onkyo Receiver as it is suppose to. So, every time I want to change the volume, I have to press the "Devices" button and then select "Onkyo Receiver" before I can change the volume and then press the "Activity" button to get back to the "Comcast" activity.

By the fact that, I can go to the "Onkyo Receiver" device and be able to change the volume, it tells me that the 880 remote is able to manage the volume of the receiver. So the problem only resides when I am attempting to change volume through the Activity.

I have the same issue for another activity (which as a DVD player, Sony LCD TV and Onkyo 606 Receiver).

Is there something I can do to change that? Am I Missing something?

Do other people who have an Onkyo Receiver (or any receiver for that matter) have this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
It sounds like you might have missed something in the initial setup. You can manually edit the buttons in the Activity. Simply go into the Activity and change the volume buttons to the receiver.

Activity > Customize Buttons > Standard Buttons

If you don't see the receiver listed in the Activity, then you have to create the Activity again and make sure the receiver is included.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Also, make sure you hook the remote up to the computer and update it after you make the changes in the software. I know this seems silly, but it's suprising how many people forget to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 606, i had to remove the activity and create it anew, seemed to do the trick.

I've only had it up and running for a couple of days and it hasn't reverted to the bad behavior so hopefully it's a permanent fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts