AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a fluctuation in my audio on my HD tv and, get this, my analog tv, it is very annoying, only on ABC HD, on standard def audio is fine. Both my Sony tv's, HD and the older analog one are hooked up to comcasts Motorola dcx 3400's DVR's. Seems kinda weird that the analog tv set to ABC hd channel would be affected.

I do not watch or use my analog tv & DVR in this manner, I just switched over to HD on ABC when I was trouble shooting.

Comcast said they know nothing, just like Sgt. Schultz
but would look into it, this was about a week ago.

Did a little more troulbe shooting

When I use a OTA broadcast on my HDTV the Audio on ABC HD is fine. I know the OTA signal is sent in digital format to me, and comcast gets it's signal via satellite then sent to me. What happens in between I do not know

Anyone else having this problem?

I am assuming this is a issue between Comcast & ABC?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If its just one channel, its a problem with either the station, or comcast's feed of the station. If you say it doesnt happen OTA, then likely its comcasts feed, so I would call them and have them troubleshoot.

Quote:
I do not watch or use my analog tv & DVR in this manner, I just switched over to HD on ABC when I was trouble shooting.

Before I got my HDTV, I actually always watched the HD channels on my SD tv with the cable box. THe picture is a little better, plus its widescreen, so you see more of the picture.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did call last week and was told they would check and see if this is a isolated problem with me or widespread.

If it continues for another week or so I will call them back.

Agreed, I sounds like it is on their feed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts