AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing the Terk VR-1, as well as the Sima SVS-1, both of which "stabilize" the volume of a given input, such as TV audio. I'm sick of the games the commercials play with sound, and would like to use one of these. I cannot find any reviews on either unit, and thus have no way to compare them. Does anyone here own and use one of these things?

Also, I have a Pioneer Elite 45tx receiver, and I can't figure out, for the life of me, how I would add in an external processor such as an equalizer or one of these units because there is no tape loop, or pre-out, main in loop.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The volume stabilizers work by reducing the dynamic range of sound, which is the difference between loud and soft, by boosting the soft and/or reducing the loud, or by limiting, which caps the maximum loudness.

To add a processor, use a tape monitor loop; feed the device as if it were a tape deck: 'record/out' to device input, and device output to 'play/in', and keep the tape monitor engaged, or use the tape monitor switch like a bypass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.