AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an opportunity to purchase a still new in the box pair of VR4SR- MKII speakers in african hazelwood finish for about $5,000. Is there another set of speakers new in that price range that would compare favorably or is this a deal that is too good to pass up? I understand that it is a discontinued model as the MKIII is now available. I called the factory and they said that an upgrade is available for $4,000 if I wanted to do so in the future.

Please help quickly, as I have to make up my mind fast.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
There are 2 things I never make up my mind about fast: things that cost $5k, and speakers.

Have you actually listened to VonSchweikerts?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Depending on your aesthetic requirements you might be interested in a pair of high end pro monitors, or even Seaton's insanity. Check out the v3110 from Quested, the Klein & Hummel O 410 and Adam S4X-V.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraCL /forum/post/18305769

There are 2 things I never make up my mind about fast: things that cost $5k, and speakers.

Have you actually listened to VonSchweikerts?

I have heard Von Schweikerts before at the CES but they were the higher end ones.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I started a new discussion thread at audiogon for this as the forum search tool there is non-existant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts