Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of building a house and want to design a nice HT/family room. The room is 15' wide by 20' long. What do you think about using the following speakers in a 7.1 system? Will the Von Schweikerts match sonically with the Triads? Also, what subwoofer (

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Silver/4 what? Silver/4 Surrounds? I'm using two InWall Silver/4 Surrounds and two InCeiling Gold/6 Omnis in a system with very substantial fronts, and massive subwoofer capability. It works.

Pick your surrounds based more upon the room than matching with the fronts, not that it isn't important. The deader the room and/or the closer to the surrounds you sit, the better dipoles work, especially if there is multiple seating. Direct-radiating surround speakers in a small theater tend to "hot spot" and be too directional. That being said, you may want the InCeiling Gold/6 Omnis for the rear, because they ARE direct radiating, and they have a 45-degree baffle behind a flush grill. The grill is the same size as the Silver/4 Surrounds, and you can order all of them color paint matched to your walls and ceiling.

I'll shut up about your front speaker choice, because von Schweikerts are very nice. ;) Enjoy...

·
Registered
141 Posts
As far as Subs go.... Hsu's VTF-3 (only 850, I believe, so you'd save quite a bit there) or SVS' PB2-Plus would be great choices. Wish I knew more about the speakers but I don't...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pete:

Ask Paul about his killer sub, the Gold InRoom PowerSub with the external 500 watt amp. I believe the sub/amp combo is right around your budget (approx. $1650? if I remember correctly). The specs on this sub are phenomenal. I was considering the HSU VTF-3 for my system until Paul told me about this unit. I am also getting the Silver InWall/4 surrounds and Gold Omni InCeiling 6 rears for my room. Okay, Paul... take it away!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Paul, I was referring to the InWall Silver/4 Surround for my surround and rear speakers. I thought it would be better to use identical speakers for these four locations. However, it sounds like the InCeiling Gold/6 Omnis for the rears might be a better choice. Would you mind if I called you to discuss my application further? If OK, please PM me with your telephone number.

Bob, I'll have to find a local dealer to audition those two subs.

Aram, I will definitely ask Paul about his sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.