Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.

They promise an upload of new software this week--which would enable the PPV portion and they could conceivably label THAT a couple of channels... But we are still shy a great number of HDTV channels.

Anyone heard rumblings?

HBOHD?

TBSHD?

ESPNHD?

BravoHD?

HDNET1&2?

InHD1&2?

CinemaxHD?

MSGNetHD?

Further, we were promised REAL NEWS via CNN by the 1st?

In the meantime, here is some add'l news on a Spectrum Chase by Cablevision and Dish--and we all know that with a single sat and Their TEMP License expiring on the other transponders by April--they'll darned well need to figure something out bandwidth-wise, but I don't believe this is the key to their problems.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...600838,00.html

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Lets see, today is January 24th, and February 1st is eight days away. My Magic 8 Ball says 'Ask Again Later'. One week and one day, to be exact.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your magic 8-ball is a party pooper. Grin.

OK.

But I'd prefer to find a few of them well before they are given press releases--alá the way they rolled out NFL, TMCHD, and STARZHD, and have them just appear and then be announced on the 1st.

Geez.

I coulda begged my magic-durned-eight-ball for the same thing.

You caught me hoping that someone had KNOWLEGDE, Ken.

Ah, well.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thus the buying of a single test box--and keeping the D*TV wired to three HD displays, yessir.

But, I might like Good News and Before The Fact, is all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi:

When I signed up for VOOM the brochure from Sears read "39 HD channels PLUS ..."plus packs"... Also, the VOOM web site says "39 HD channels PLUS "plus packs"". I just saw a VOOM commercial on the Outdoor Life Network that said "39 HD channels PLUS premium channels in HD when available".

According to all that, VOOM should have 39 HD channels by 2/1/04 for $39.90 per month with additional HD channels available for an extra charge.

I really do not see how VOOM not offer 39 HD channels in addition to the premium channels when that claim is the cornerstone of their marketing campaign.

Joseph

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What - and have 39 channels of "nothing on"? I already have 11 (12 if you count CSN and INHD2 swapping spots) of "nothing on". The fact remains that too few HD presentations are being aired by every HD channel - and most of the ones that are being aired are lousy from a substance standpoint.

Ron

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I just called VOOM and asked if they are going to make the 39 HD channels by 2/1/04, and they told me that they were told about a week ago that it will be 39 channels by 2/29/04, so it looks like the date has gotten bumped.

Sean Dudley

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a similar conversation tonight after a crash lost all access to NON OTA Channels (even with a signal strength of 68?!?)...

I was told that, yes, some are taking longer... LIKE HBO, ESPN HD... and that they were purely due to ongoing negotiations.

I was also told clearly--by a CSR/Technical Type named Roxanne that we would not see any cost until they had all the channels in place.

Further, upon asking about DeInstalls and Returning Product, she noted that at this moment my Complete Satisfaction Guarantee is now good until the end of March so that we all get a month with their full boat of offerings before having to decide whether they are a keeper.

I asked her to post that comment to my account record, and she did so without qualm and then on asking (later in the conversation) read it back to me.

I think I'll hang in there a bit more.

Free programming continues (albeit a bit flaky.)

Return program remains in place.

We'll know what the heck they are going to do about the temporary transponder lic. by sometime in March (since it ends in April.)

All is still status quo.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by seandudley
they told me that they were told about a week ago that it will be 39 channels by 2/29/04
A week ago? I thought I remember seeing that the date had been bumped to 2-29 longer ago than that. In fact, I want to say that the 2-29 info first came from someone who had seen some marketing info (an ad, or something), so that date had to be known much longer than a week ago.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Now if they'll only get some fresh programming. "The Pride and the Passion" was a pretty good movie, butFrANK SINATRA's spanish? accent is finally getting to me.

Voom needs to add some new programming, whether its free or not, or many of us will be turned off to continuing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.