Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chapter 1

Someone has to do this. I can't stand having paid $800 and now they are $500 less two months later after startup. One year maybe I could have swallowed it.

I know the service is free until March 1, but now I am first in line (I think) for the rebate. The gentleman said he had not done one of these yet as well. I want to get my rebate before anyone else, and the mad rush starts in 30days. Then, after I get my check, I will have it reinstalled for $500 less and probably get a free month which I am forfeiting for the moment. Voom will have to pay for two installs and one de-install unfortunately. I read elsewhere on the forum that another member was offered a $50 rebate. This is what made me decide to do this. I hope everyone can understand and I don't get roasted for this. Afterall it is $500.

I called VOOM and spoke to a nice gentleman. VOOM has always been nice. (Its Installs Inc who are the ((*&(%^$'s ) After some discussion about why I was wanting to leave, he gave me a de-install number. I told him of the $500 and how I intend to re-install once I receive my check back.

So now I have an official deinstall number which I may use later to time stamp my request. They scheduled a deinstall date of Sat. Jan 30 between 8am and 12:00 noon. They said the same guy who came to install it will deinstall it. Well let me tell you, I know he will not show up, etc. (Please feel free to read all six chapters of my install nightmare here .) They also said it would take between 6 to 8 days to get the check after the de-installer took out the equipment.

By the way they cut off the service, which doesn't make any sense since it is free. So I guess they are upset at me for cancelling. I will continue on the 30th.

So I will report my results as they unravel.

Wouldn't you think VOOM could compromise a little?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi:

I don't mean to rain on your $500 parade, but the CSR at VOOM that I spoke with said that VOOM will not do another installation to an address where a system has been returned.

keep in mind, VOOM CSR anwers often contradict each other as well as the truth.

I did get a $50 credit for complaining that they billed me before my installation was complete - it still is not complete after three weeks.

Joseph

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's ok, VOOM has been raining on my parade ever since the install began. I think I can wait 1 year or whatever the waiting period is and go to back to D* which I never disconnected. My family says the VOOM channels stink anyway, and never watch it. I can get the others on D*. It just isn't worth $500. They never finished my install either. Although I did like watching the models parade around the runway.

I will probably use the $800 towards a 921. Dish will also give a free 811 with it. Sounds like a much better deal.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Compromise
I will probably use the $800 towards a 921. Dish will also give a free 811 with it. Sounds like a much better deal.
Compromise

Which deal is that (921 with 811 free), and, where is it available?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I uninstalled Voom on 1/17 and I got refunded on 1/23. So, it works. My reason was financial, that is, to get fund for an HD Tivo. :p

Hong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.