AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started having a strange problem with my VOOM IRD soon after going from component video to DVI. If I turn off my projector before the VOOM box, the little red satellite icon on the box goes red, audio cuts out, and it won't recieve programming after the PJ is turned back on. The DVI goes through a 4x1 Geffin switch. If I go into the installer menu, the signal is there, but is red. The box won't recieve programming untill its given a reboot via the front panel button held in.

I had a similar problem with my DVI HTPC booting up without the PJ on. It would not see any monitor and boot the wrong res, then lock up. I fixed it by terminating the unused VGA port, made the HTPC think there was a monitor there and could boot up normally. Maybe I need to do the same with the VOOM box? Put a 75 ohm video terminator on the luminace channel of the component, or on the composite output? Which outputs are still active when DVI is on?

Has anyone else seen this with the VOOM DVI out? My Sammy TS160 DirecTV box, by the way, has no problems like this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.