No I don't own those yet.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Price Range?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Sony's New ED Series. The 90ED model is $1.8K and sounds fantastic!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
ACI Sapphires or Onix Reference Ones.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Martin Logan, Magnepan, Thiel & Revel all make very detailed speakers that are "not bright" (when matched to a compatible amp) to my ear.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Magnepan 1.6QR’s @ $1725.00/pair – certainly one of the most detailed/non bright speakers I’ve heard under 10 grand (aside from 3.6R’s).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Energy C-9

$1,200 - $1,300 per pair

·
Banned
172 Posts
Zenafab, a new Norwegian brand, $130,000 a pair. That's the manufacturer chosen to be used on the new international space station. Just imagine, a pair of speakers that can transmit absolutely pristine, unadulterated sounds, through the vacuum of space. If those speakers can do this in the vacuum of space, imagine what they can do you for in your living room!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Magnepan 1.6QR’s @ $1725.00/pair – certainly one of the most detailed/non bright speakers I’ve heard under 10 grand (aside from 3.6R’s).
I second that. Mated with suitable electronics i-e, enough power detailed, non-bright. These speakers are one of the best buy in Audio. Need some space though.

Magnepan 1.6 QR

Frantz

Port-au-Prince, Haiti

P.S. Today is a holiday and I have a power problem at home so no Music, no Movies, yes, no Magnepan so I am in my office and I am posting like crazy.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am sure all speakers will perform equally well in the vacuum of space :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zenafab, a new Norwegian brand, $130,000 a pair. That's the manufacturer chosen to be used on the new international space station. Just imagine, a pair of speakers that can transmit absolutely pristine, unadulterated sounds, through the vacuum of space. If those speakers can do this in the vacuum of space, imagine what they can do you for in your living room!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'd have to say Phase Technology Teatro 11.5's ($1300 a pair), unfortunately they just discontinued them (the market for powered towers is shrinking). I picked up a great deal on them for under $900 though two weeks ago. They are detailed, image like crazy and what a soundstage! The Absolute Phase x-over, is seamless with the other Teatros as well, Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD almost made me cry, it sounded so good:)

BTW: The founder of Phase Tech. Bill Hecht designed the first soft dome tweeter and owns the patent. Also, they design and manufacture virtually all parts that go into their speakers, no outsourcing. Pretty amazing in this day and age. Warranty is not bad either 10 years on speakers and 5 on electronics.

Anyway, I was and am very impressed so far. I hear they have a $2000 pair as well, I think it's the PC 9.1 (it has a positionable tweeter).

Cheers,

Patrick

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just heard the KEF Xq5 and WOW extremely detailed!!! I think that speaker should be on everybody's must hear list. I hear the Onix Ref 1's fit what you are looking for also.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ELMitz
Martin Logan, Magnepan, Thiel & Revel all make very detailed speakers that are "not bright" (when matched to a compatible amp) to my ear.
^Got my vote on these...very detailed without shrill brightness.

·
Registered
62 Posts
In the upper frequencies, the large Heil Air Motion Transformer like those used in ESS monitors are one of the best.

Paul

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.