AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please vote your best dvd player for accuracy of color reproduction, especially if you have more than one player to compare. You may also state the reasons why you think the player is good or not. This is strictly for color reproduction and not how it handles video or film mode. You should also be using at least RGB component or VGA output. Lastly, I assume that all your basic calibration like greyscale etc is accurate before making an accurate assessment.

Dvd player

Pioneer DV47A or 733i using RGB output

Good color balance but a tiny bit on the warm side, red blooms slightly compared to the best. Green and red separation is not as clean as VGA output. Hue using AVIA errs around 1-3% but still very good. I repeat the color for pioneer is very very good, and the fault I mention may not be obvious to anyone but compared to a clean VGA output you will notice it.

Skyworth 1050P using VGA output

output is very low, you need to either increase contrast or bum up your white level using RGB drive. My player has been modified to fix the high gain green. With that done, player has very clean color separation maybe due to VGA output, hue is spot on. I can't really find any fault with its color, maybe someone would like to comment, except for the very low color output.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.