AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen that Discovery HD is having a vote on their website to chose a show to be on during the Super Bowl? The Idea is that people will have super bowl parties and will switch th Discovery HD once in a while to demonstrate to friends how good HD can be.

They have already picked a superbowl line up but one of the shows is up for votes.

You can vote at http://dhd.discovery.com

The act of voting itself is a support of Discovery HD.

Roy

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The whole premise behind this is, IMO, incredibly stupid. DHD is running several of their "featured" shows (XMA amongst others) AGAINST the Super Bowl - THE Premier HD Event. I did "participate" a week or so ago by dropping a courteous email to DHD to let them know I certainly didn't appreciate waiting over a month to see XMA rebroadcast (DHD airs ads for it constantly - it's just never on) to find out it will be airing the *ONE* time almost all of HD America will not watch it.

What programming director figured "Uh...Let's hold off airing our top HD shows then run 'em the one time we can be SURE no one will be watching. Yeah...that's a great idea..."

Brian

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Hmmm, well if the intent is to "show off" HD... I think some of the most impressive looking shows have been Insectia, some of the Wild Nights, and basically anything showing colorful underwater fish. I've seen that shark show, but don't remember it showing much in the way of coral reefs, etc. Not sure if I've seen that Wild Nights before. I've seen the anaconda one, but don't remember anything THAT mind blowing on it. Don't think I've seen the others. I've enjoyed most everything I've seen on DiscoveryHD, but I'm really not sure which way to vote here. I'm inclined to lean towards Wild Nights.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
I was actually thinking about how much better DHD has become lately now that their library is growing.
I hope I didn't come across wrong, I *LOVE* DHD. I'm just personally bitter that XMA hasn't aired (to the best of my knowledge) once this month - though it's constantly advertised. I would be skewered by my houseguests if I tried to flip the channel over to DHD during the Super Bowl. That's the one event folks even want to watch the commercials...

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.