AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have just posted this in the other VP50 thread but it's rather large. So ill start by saying sorry to those who hate multi-threads about the same topic.

My question is that the P50 had 24bit color capable of producing 231 billion colors. While the VP50 only offers a 10 bit, but also capable of 231 billion colors. Now I'm no expert-far from it-but from what I read the higher the bit the better the color quality.

So does the P50 offer a better picture then the VP50? And if so is that why it's cheaper?

I only ask because the Vizio sales staff says it's because it's a new model with lower production costs. But you would think they would lower the price of the P50 to empty their warehouses. Unless the P50 offers something the VP50 does not.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I'm confused. The VP50 is a video processor. The P50 is a plasma. What do those two have to do with each other? It doesn't make much sense to compare prices and image quality of a video processor to that of a plasma. What might make sense is to compare image quality of a display with and without an additional external video processor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts