·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to connect the following components and get 1080p24

Panasonic BD30 blu-ray player - set to 24 frames/sec

VP50

Panasonic AE2000

I am able to get an image when the VP50 is set to 60 frames (actually it says 59.94 unlocked). when I change it to 1080p24 (locked) I can not get the projector to display the image.

I connected the bd player directly to the projector and it displays the 1080p24 image without any issues.

Can someone please help me with the settings to get this to work.

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
most displays had issues with the vp50 24fps output until firmware 1.05. Press the info button on the dvdo remote to see the current version and if it's older try installing beta 1.05 or 1.06 (you may loose all you settings so take a note before hand).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am on firmware 1.06.

I was thinking this may have something to do with the color space, but I am not sure.

Does anyone use this scaler with the ae2000?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can still try the various color space settings after you've set the resolution. Remember the following: on lower resolutions (like 1360*768) you can change the framerate while using the same output format. For 1080p though, you have to change the FORMAT (1080p-24 instead of 1080p-60) *AND* the framerate settings (60Hz->24Hz). If you don't do this you end up with 1080p-24 at 60Hz or 1080p-60 at 24Hz and while there are a few displays and beamers who can do this, MOST can't.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think this may be part of the problem. If I look at the timing area, the 24p is grayed out. when I change the frame rate to 24, I lose the display.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If the mode 1080p24 is greyed then you need to change the framerate of the current mode to 24Hz, then change the mode to 1080p24 and check the Hz is still 24.

You may loose picture inbetween but the VP50 has the handy display to allow this.

At least in theory, if you got that far already then yeah there may still be issues with DVDOs' timings (my pj is more forgiving) but the fixes in 1.05/1.06 did sort it for most who had issues.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks I will try that tonight.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SUCCESS! I can't believe I missed something this simple. All I needed to do is set the framerate and then the resolution.

it was a bit of a pain when switching modes, I seem to lose the correct aspect ratio.

thanks for the help, now enjoying 1080p24

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, now I have another question. my settings work for 1080p24, but now I can not get anything other than that resolution and framerate to display.

how do you guys have this configured?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You have to either switch FORMAT + FRAMERATE by hand, OR you create a few output profiles and switch them by hand OR you use the auto output profile option, where an output profile (=format + framerate + other settings) are remembered per input. The VP50 has gotten this via FW update and you can find more info on it in the 50pro thread, e.g. here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post12898534

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, I ended up creating two profiles and the auto switching works well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts