AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I'm wondering is...the manual gives computations for throw distance based on screen size...but there are also picture size adjustments on the projector (presumably can go in both directions). If I want to maximize the phosphor area used (i.e. turn the picture size up as high as possible without distortion) how much closer can I make the projector to the screen? Is this a wise thing to do, or will I regret it as the tubes age (they were replaced recently, before I bought it)?

Also, if I have a 4:3 screen that I will also use for 16:9 (by not pulling it down all the way) will I be able to memorize settings for both screen sizes? As far as I could tell from the manual, there's only one setting for each range of vertical refresh rates.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Steve

It should be safe to go around 5% to 7% closer to the screen, if I remember correctly. I did it my 1272 and there did not seem to be any distortion. It is a good thing to do, longer tube life and increased resolution.

Deron

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...anyone know about memorizing different picture sizes with similar scan rates?

Steve

·
Registered
784 Posts
Steve,

You can memorize more than 8 different setups using the "5BNC" mode. Do a search on this forum for the details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.