AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Sony CRT projector that has been sitting in a closet for at least 5 years. Don't know much about it -- it's model VPH-2020Q1 from Sony. Anyone know if it has any value at all? Or should I just throw it away? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Throw it away?!?!? You'll get castrated here for even entertatining the idea ;)

It makes a great set for viewing interlaced sources, normal tv, xbox/ps2/gamecube etc. I've been after one to adapt to short throw to make a rear projection cockpit for flying games...but thats just me.

They still go for a coupla hundred, or strip them down and sell the bits.

Why aren't all you throw away crt guys in Australia *sob*

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Toss it! Where do you live, and when is trash day?

A 2020Q is shimmed for a 200" diagonal picture. It's got to be pretty dim at that size. I'd re-shim it for 100" or less to get the best out of it. It's doable. It can make a darn nice set, and quiet too.

Marc

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

Toss it! Where do you live, and when is trash day?

ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
There are just sooo many nice, helpful people on this forum. LMAO

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I found the reference list that Inline used to have prominently displayed on their website and sorry to say your pj is only a video grade model. If it was a 2030Q it would do line doubled stuff too. Oh well, its still good for tv and video games.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
If the tubes are good you could use them to fix a better pj if you are a serious tinkerer.

Troy

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sadly, I am not a tinkerer. Just trying to figure out what to do with an old projector sitting in a closet. Guess I will put it up on Ebay -- have no personal use for it. If anyone here is in the Los Angeles area, feel free to make me an offer!

·
Premium Member
16,736 Posts
Quote:
make me an offer
To be politically correct, you can't initiate an offer to sell, but you can respond to someone's query or invitation to buy.

So to keep us clean, I'll ask:

Hmmm, that sounds like it'd be fun to tinker with. I need something that my kids can play PS2 on at 72" instead of risking burns on my PJ. Can I PM an offer?

Um, no, I don't really want it. But if I was in So Cal...

P.S. I'm not lecturing or complaining, I guess I'm just sensitive because I had a post deleted after asking if anyone Fusion'ed a couple of minutes of the OTA HD Bug's Life the other night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.