AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a hold of one of these, couple of questions. First of all it didn't come with a remote, after reading the Installation Manual and Owner's Manual I'm starting to believe it isn't possible to converge this projector without the remote, is this true? Also, I went into the timers on the tubes, and it says 11000+ hours of operation, but only 5hrs on each tubes, does this make sense? Can these numbers be reset? To verify this I'd like to examine the tubes, but I can't find instructions on how to remove the lenses, any help there?

·
Registered
558 Posts
You can find a copy of the service manual here:
http://www.vidya.com/D50

It has the instructions for disassembly and stuff.

Unless you have reason to believe that the tubes were just replaced, I would expect that the timers were reset. I did replace my tubes recently, and it took me a little bit to find out how to reset the timers.

I believe you should be able to do all the convergence with the controls on the console. Although it is much more convenient to have a remote and be able to walk right up to the screen to get a good look at what's going on.

·
Registered
262 Posts
motion,

you will want to get one like kris says to be right next to the screen. look at the guns and see how much wear in on the face of the tubes, with 11,000 hours, you should be able to easily tell.

krisroberts,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Built in remote? Do you mean the buttons on the back of the projector? I dunno, the dealer manual makes reference to lots of buttons that aren't there when talking about converging.

·
Registered
262 Posts
do you use a pronto remote? if you do, we can send you the codes for the d50 and you can just upload to it. if your buying a pronto get a 2000, as my guys dont like the 3000ng software or the speed of its processor.

when you do the convergance, you really want to be a foot from the screen, as to exactly see what you are doing. the d50 is pretty stable, but your still going to be doing touch up 2-3 times a year. so, you can see why you want to get the remote.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmm, you're right. Most of the service controls are not on the projector panel... Sorry about that! I'd go with a universal remote that has the codes for the D50. Unless of course you can find a remote on ebay or from someone on this forum.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I actually bought one just yesterday from crtcinema.com. It was a ProntoNeo, I paid $150 for it programmed with the D50 codes. Some may say thats overpriced, and I suppose it was a little, but it certainly was easy. Hopefully when it arrives all my troubles will disappear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.