AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bravo D1 player hooked up to my HS-10 and I noticed that if I go to the screen where you choose between "Normal" and "Widescreen" in Bug's Life and choose 1080i output ( DVI ) those two words flicker when I highlight them for selection.

It looks fine in 480p and 720p and I did not notice flickering anywhere else with 1080i ( I only got the HS-10 yesterday so I haven't really had time to watch much yet ).

Has anyone else observed the same problem? Is there something wrong with my Bravo or perhaps the HS-10 and 1080i feed?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Don't know about your problem, but I'd love to know what you think of the Bravo/HS10 combo in general. How does the picture of DVI compare to component?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have an old Toshiba SD-3205 DVD player to compare with...

Having said that, there is a quite noticable improvement using the Bravo player. I would however not say that I am "astonished" by the picture, but it is very good ( I have not done anything to my HS-10 set-up yet it is only 2 days old ).

As a sidenote, I hooked up the Bravo to the DVI input on my 40XBR800 and my Toshiba was at least as good in that case. I would not get the Bravo for a Tube TV.

I will most likely buy a RP-82 in the next few days and I will let you know how that compares to the Bravo on the HS10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.