AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Hi Guenther,

I will post my expierences with the unit, when I receive it (could take several weeks).

I also asked the dealer for the LPX-500, but the prices where always around 4700 euros or so.

Thats not my price level. The figures of the SXRD technology indicate that it will be significantly higher priced than the current VW 12 price level.

Or at least if SXRD is able to deliver what it's technology is promising, Sony could easly sell it at the current high end DLP price level.

I also had a chance to demo the Z1, although it's a fine unit it had to much screen door for my taste. The best image that I saw from a entry level projector was the Sharp Z90 btw., but in IMHO the VW 11 was better.

Regards HCEnthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by HCEnthusiast

I also had a chance to demo the Z1, although it's a fine unit it had to much screen door for my taste. The best image that I saw from a entry level projector was the Sharp Z90 btw., but in IMHO the VW 11 was better.
Now you really got me worried, because I had exactly the same impressions about Z1 and Z90 (Z91 - but got a headache after some time).

I can only hope that I do not share your dislike of the Panny AE300 also ;) beacuse it probably will really take years for DILA/SXRD to reach affordable price levels.

Bye,

Guenther

Hi Guenther,

I don't want to destroy your illusions :D, but don't expect the AE300 to outperform the Z90 in the overall

picture quality.

And in IMHO I don't think that either of the above machines can stand against the Sony VW11 or the higher priced

DLP models. My initial thought was that at the higher resolution is very obvious in picture detail.

As I said SXRD is not an option for me, because I expect Sony to fill the gap that the VW12 model will leave.

It would fit perfectly in the scenario, to replace the VW12 with some SXRD machine, because the

HS10 and the VW12 came to close in picture performance and the VW12 was IMHO overpriced compared to the high end DLP models.

Regards HCEnthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve13
The 12HT has MLA (Micro Lens Array) which really reduces the screen door compared to the 10HT and 11HT, and neither one of those was a problem at anything beyond 1x away.
I have owned a 11HT for a year. I had the chance to see a 12HT a week ago and during the test screening I also had the chance to study the screen door of the 12HT at close distance. Based on my knowledge with 11HT I am totally convinced that the 12HT does not have MLA. Pixels are as visible as they are on the 11HT. Prove me wrong if you can but I am 100% convinced that 12HT is a 100% identical unit to the 11HT. Only difference is that 12HT ships with a color filter and a program on CD-Rom which ables users to mess up their 3D Gamma settings faster. Oh - and of course Sony has changed the "11HT" text to "12HT" on the package label ;)

I believe that the hole "12HT has MLA" stuff started from a rumour here in AVS and has then evolved into a false fact.

Naturally I might be wrong... Does anybody know the truth?

Jouni

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jouni
I have owned a 11HT for a year. I had the chance to see a 12HT a week ago and during the test screening I also had the chance to study the screen door of the 12HT at close distance. Based on my knowledge with 11HT I am totally convinced that the 12HT does not have MLA. Pixels are as visible as they are on the 11HT. Prove me wrong if you can but I am 100% convinced that 12HT is a 100% identical unit to the 11HT. Only difference is that 12HT ships with a color filter and a program on CD-Rom which ables users to mess up their 3D Gamma settings faster. Oh - and of course Sony has changed the "11HT" text to "12HT" on the package label ;)

I believe that the hole "12HT has MLA" stuff started from a rumour here in AVS and has then evolved into a false fact.

Naturally I might be wrong... Does anybody know the truth?

Jouni
Hi Jouni,

What do you think about the contrast ratio between these two models? Is not appreciable any difference on this aspect either?

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Hi HCEnthusiast,

Have you received the 12HT? Finally, where do you make the order?

Best of whises with your new toy!:)

No I didn't received it yet, but I will today ask my dealer.

But I've other news I will tomorrow have a chance to demo a LPX-500 (4200 Euro) and a Optoma H56 (4700 Euro)

But still no VW12 :eek:

Boy this waiting is really hell :D

Regards HCEnthusisast

Discussion starter · #31 ·
How is possible to make sure of that the 12HT really includes the MLA technology?

Is curious, but in the manual is not commented nothing about this and on the lens of the projector is not printed the mark of MLA either...

Suspect??

Forget about having MLA or not(it does have it)The pic quality of the 12 HT is awesome, specially on a HD feed, HBO and Discovery HD look awesome pictured in my wall. Just ordered the Silverstar and will post pics as soon as it is mounted. For the current price the 12HT is going , its one of the best deals around.Enjoy

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Yes, but how to make sure? Some people assures that not exists difference between the 11HT and 12HT above screendoor... I have not read nothing confirming that the 12HT have MLA in any review... Could the MLA on the 12HT be only a rumour?

Another question... Is the projection ratio calculation of Projectorcentral.com working wrong with the 12HT? I have heard that this projector has a shorter throw ratio than the HS10 and here tells the opposite... Could anyone confirm this aspect, please? What screen size I could have with exactly 3 meters of distance between projector and wall with no zoom modification?

Thanks!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.