AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to bi-amp my VR-4jr's using two cables (obviously). What is the correct method for doing this?

The first step it to undo the "umbilical" cord and use the top binding posts. Which set of inputs do the second set of cables go in?

The manual is unclear and I don't want to blow anything up. :eek:

I'm hoping that by removing the extra cable connector and bi-amping w/ my 59TXi to get a decent improvement in sound.

-Brian

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Not sure which you are describing...

Bi-wire, single amp channel, either specially-made (or DIY) biwires to both sets of terminals.

Bi-amp, 2 amp channels (if you have only 5.1 or less you can use the 2 extra channels on the 59txi for this), wire from each channel to one set of terminals.

In either case, it does not matter which terminals are hooked up to the amp (as long as, with bi-amping, you use the programmed amp channels).

I'll let others debate as to whether or not either procedure will get you "decent improvement in sound"...

John

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

As I stated, I want to bi-amp. I have some extra channels on my receiver. Which set of terminals do I use on the bass module? Unless you own the JR's you will have no clue as to what I am talking about.

-Brian

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bghead8che
Hi John,

As I stated, I want to bi-amp. I have some extra channels on my receiver. Which set of terminals do I use on the bass module? Unless you own the JR's you will have no clue as to what I am talking about.

-Brian
I have the VR-4JRs and use the bottom set of speaker terminals on the bass module, as per Von Schweikert's advise. I believe the upper set is used when you elect not to use the umbilical (use a short set of speaker cables with terminal straps in place, from bass module to HF module) but still want to run just one set of speaker cables, something like that.

I personally feel the VR-4JRs sound slightly better "bi-wired", which is essentially what you'll be doing.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

dc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.