AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with this Veritas Sound Power Amplifier?

The VSA 2500 appears to be nice and robust, with decent apparent build quality. It's a double height piece. Here's a glimpse inside;

The add copy claims it's stable down to 2 ohms stereo.

[email protected] 8 ohms/stereo

[email protected] 4 ohms/stereo

[email protected] 2 ohms/stereo

It's about twice the price of a Behr 4000, and a little less than the Marathon 5050.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an IB power amp, so I'm considering my option. I really like the Marathon feature set the best,...the switchable input sensitivity for me, is huge.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
One thought, why are you not getting the EP4000??

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oi, the bastards stole the name of the headphone amp my team designed for my senior design project!

The transformer and caps seem solid. But I have to mirror Penngray's question--Why no EP4000? There are legit reasons to choose another, but the price is just sooo right

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may end up getting the Behringer. I like the Marathon the best, like I said, the switchable input sensitivity is important, the power output levels are huge as well. Availability is a question.

Actually, I may end up with more than one amp, and if so, I may get the EP4000, and another amp yet to be determined. We'll see. I've shifted my gear around so much at times, and nothing has stayed that constant. I've taken pieces to small live events, etc. I've had huge pro box subs in and out on many occasions too. So re-purposing is an important consideration.

I like the idea of the Crown products, with on board dsp. One of them has sub harmonic synthesis, which I dabbled with a long time ago with a DBX unit, so we'll see. I still have many friends and acquaintances in the Pro Audio world, and I've got access to used gear as well.

All that being said, the EP4000 is a true steal in audio. ...as is the Fi IB3 18

1 - 4 of 4 Posts