Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Tried these out at home but found them a little to boomy in the bass. As they were borrowed from the store they did not have sand or lead in them. Has anyone found this same issue? Has anyone heard these dampened as they are supposed to be?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Steve,

Using lead shot, not sand in the fill chamber of the VR2's makes all the difference in the world. Bass response REALLY tightens up. Fill the chamber only 1/4 to 1/2 full.

Also, use the supplied "jumpers" and connect your speaker cables to the upper speaker terminals, not lower.

Lastly, the VR2's need the recommended 100hrs of break-in, experiment with placement, and use the spikes.

Once properly set-up, you will be thrilled with the low-level response. They are as good, maybe play lower, then the big brother VR5's, which is quite an achievement at there given price point. Accuracy, transparency, great soundstage,,,, the hallmark of all Von Schweikert Audio speakers.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately I have no idea where to get lead shot in Canada. It was outlawed for hunting 10 years ago. Right now I'm trying to decide between Martin Logan Aeon's and the VR-2's.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hey HIFI,

Let's see, if you find the bass to boomy you might have a room interaction.

And if you like MLs and VSA, you might want to also consider the VMPS Ribbons.

They have a bass dampening adjustment to help tighten and dry out the "booms".

And they don't have the "backwave" of the MLs while maintaining the detail and transparency.

The RM1, RM2, and RM40, could set you free.

VMPS zealot that I am. (I have the RM40s)

Regards,

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.