AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my vsx-1021 receiver. I was listening to music the other day at a decent volume and all of a sudden my receiver shut off with the MCACC light flashing and I smelled burnt electronics. My receiver is no longer under warranty so I decided to open it up. When I got to the amp board, I noticed the front right channel section of the board had a few burnt out resistors. I went ahead and replaced the burnt out resistors. Next, I tested the transistors at the bottom of the board attached to the heat sink (under front right channel). The two larger ones both had continuity through them so I replaced those along with three 2sa992's that reside under the front right channel that ended up being bad. After all of that I plugged the receiver in however the MCACC light still flashes. When I perform the reboot function by holding down the button combination on the face, the unit powers on however the two 200ohm resistors near the top of the board under the larger capacitor start to overheat and smoke. I've checked all of my solder joints and they are fine and used the correct replacement resistors etc. My unit has no blown fuses and no other damage to other components that I can visually see. I really do not know where to go from here. If anyone has experienced this problem on here or can lead me to a write up on it, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts