AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use AirPlay to play music from my iPhone through my receiver, the subwoofer is not utilized. I looked through the settings to see if there was something that needed to be turned on/adjusted, however, nothing was found.

Subwoofer/bass works fine when using hdmi connected devices.

·
Registered
29,062 Posts
Your speakers need to be set as SMALL in order for the sub to kick in on stereo sources as there is no .1 channel to be sent to the subwoofer.

Please check your speaker settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answered the question myself. Changed it over to a different audio setting and there is bass. Unfortunate, I can't just keep it on the normal setting that picks up the input type and goes from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your speakers need to be set as SMALL in order for the sub to kick in on stereo sources as there is no .1 channel to be sent to the subwoofer.

Please check your speaker settings.

Will also try this and see if it allows me to keep the normal setting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Answered the question myself. Changed it over to a different audio setting and there is bass. Unfortunate, I can't just keep it on the normal setting that picks up the input type and goes from there.
What was the setting that you changed? I have the same issue with Airplay on VSX45 + Polk PSW110. Appreciate your help. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts