AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VSX-50 connected via hdmi to a comcast HD cable box on the input side and output is via hdmi to a Samsung LN46A550. There is a Panasonic Blu-Ray player on another of the HDMI inputs and an coax cable antenna input from the antenna which is indoors in the attic. All of the gear is plugged into a surge protector. Its not a top of the line surge protector but it is a fairly good one (definitely not a cheapo). We have been having severe thunderstorms over the last few days and one night when I got home from work my TV wont come on. I get a "no signal" message on the screen. I wasn't home when whatever happened took place but I do know that none of the equipment was powered up. Anyhow, when I take the Vsx-50 out and connect the TV directly to the cable box I get a picture so I've concluded the fault is in the vsx 50. I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in in hopes of resetting something but that had no affect. The unit is only 6 months into the manufacturers 2 year warranty and I plan to take it back to the place I bought it. BUT before I go to all the trouble of un hooking everything and boxing it up is there any simple thing that needs to be reset or anything I might do to get it back up and working. I've had similar problems in the past with hdmi on the cable box after a thunderstorm and resetting it did the trick. Any help ideas will be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts