AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried both mono and stereo mini jacks and I cannot 12v trigger to power on my amp. I have everything in the menu set to on on the 12v trigger setting.

Is there a special cable that I need? I can power my amp using a wal-wart but I don't want the amp on all the time. For example, I want the amp on when the CD input is selected but not when DVD is selected. The amp is solely for music and I want it off when I am using home theater.

What is the easiest way to test if my 12v trigger is defective. Should shorting the two wires of a mono plug create a spark? Should I be able to light a flashlight bulb with it?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
We had the same problem here. You have to activate the trigger in the menu. Try to use stereo or mono plugs, I don't remember, but one should work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I turned on the trigger in the menus. I have every input set to on? I am not aware of any other settings.

I think the trigger is defective. There aren't any software updates available yet, are there?

I have an optical cable on one of the digital outs but I can't imagine why that would matter.

I will try resetting the receiver. How is that done?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gordon:

I am going to try using my DC test light that works for testing wires in auto or anytihg DC. If I pull the lid on the reciever should I be able to test the trigger somehow?

If it is broken how hard would it be to fix?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The test light fails with the receiver but works with a 12v wal-wart.

I have used mini mono plug (same a MCCAC microphone) and mini stereo. No luck.

Is there a fuse that may have blown? (I could change this if I just have to pull the lid).

I may try resetting the receiver.

If anybody knows the exact product number of a radio shack cable that works I could buy that as a final test.

I have to get this fixed before it is fully installed.

Help!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.