AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, my 59TXi has lost some of it's channels and I'm really not sure where to begin. In 5Ch mode, there is no center or rear left. In 2CH mode Speakers "A" both work great, however I do not have the left channel on "B" speakers. I was given this unit by my aunt when I uncle died recently. I was with him when he bought it new and was always envious of it. My aunt tossed the remote away after he died. When she told me that, I about got sick. :-(. Are there any other remotes out there that can work most of the functions? I am able to do a few things with my very old VSX9500 remote, but not enough to ensure there isn't something like a balance or fader setting that is off. It doesn't appear I can do any diagnostics without it. It's a nice piece of equipment, I hate to give up on it. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Download the operation manual and do a PROCESSOR RESET.
This will erase any EQ, surround, station preset settings and return the receiver back to factory defaults and clear out any corrupted memory.
Regarding the remote control, check E-bay or invest in entry level Harmony remote control.

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I actually did that first off. Unfortunately that didn't help. :-( I found 8 fuses on the left side of the unit, are there any more to check? I did buy the service manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts