AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, looking very good so far. The ability to bi-amp front speakers is a deal maker for me because I have bi-amplifiable front speakers and don't yet find 7.1 materials interesting over 5.1 materials.

Another answer to previous speculation is found on the specifications page of this website by placing the mouse over "USB PC Input" where it is shown that the 59txi can in fact act as a very powerful PC soundcard. This really sweetens the deal along with acoustic status display on PC.

Finally, an all-in-one box that has the PC connectivity one would expect from gear that costs this much, and one that does everything else very well also.

"ITU-R and Bi-Surround" also sound good, but what are these features?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow,

I wanted to have this capability in some processor for a long time. Processors from other companies should follow this!! I am wondering the about the available crossover frequencies and slopes, etc.

Associating the center with subwoofer, along with this would be great, too, like below:

1. Front left/right/center signals are split into bass and mid/high.

(wide crossover frequency range required, up to 400Hz?)

2. Surround left/right signals are split into subwoofer/satellite

3. Back left = bass from front left + subwoofer from surround left

3. Back right = bass from front right + subwoofer from surround right

4. Subwoofer = bass from front center + LFE

5. Front left/center/right = mid/high from left/center/right, respectively.

6. Surround left/right = satellite from surround left/right

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jheoaustin
Anybody has more information on bi-amp feature? How about owner's manual?
No, but the bi-amp feature most probably works like that in the 43, 47 and 49 series. Manuals for the above models (found on Pioneer's website) show that one simply connects the regular front amp to one set of bi-amplifiable terminal on the front speakers and connects the rear-surround amps to the other set of bi-amplifiable terminals, then through the setup menus, the bi-amp option is selected.

Pioneer has been slow in posting manuals on their website for its new models. For example, manuals for the 53/55 models are not yet posted. Perhaps Pioneer doesn't fully appreciate that for their very expensive and complex equipment, manuals provide much more valuable pre-purchase info than can be obtained from brochures and even from in-store demos, not to mention the very limited and often incorrect info obtainable through telephone and e-mail inquiries directly to Pioneer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jheoaustin
Teeh,

I am afraid that you mean Pioneer bi-amp feature copies the front signal to back channels, with no crossover processing. Am I right?
I remember the manuals indicate that either the front or the rear-surround speaker outputs can be connected to either of the two bi-amp inputs on each front speaker. This means that the same front (L or R) signal is routed to both amps. This signal is also available on the front pre-outs in case one wants a third amp for tri-amplification of the fronts.

As far as crossovers, MCACC and acoustic calibration setup and function, obviously, both amps on each L or R channel are processed the same as a unit. Since each bi-amplifiable speaker has at least one passive crossover on each terminal, crossover or frequency band filtering is done within each speaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.