AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried running my MCACC yesterday after moving some furniture around (but not my home theater setup). It gave me an error message to the effect that my front speaker connections weren't good. Oddly enough, they *were* a couple of weeks ago!

Anyway, I rechecked the connections and tried it again. I still got the same error message. Anyone have any ideas as to what else to try?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a similar error except it was w/my "Rear Surround" Speakers. I've re-checked the connections several times. Arghh!

Anybody out there have any suggestion for either of us?

(P.S. I'm a home theatre n00b.)

·
Registered
616 Posts
What is the exact error message?

Some areas to check:

A strand of wire touching something it's not supposed to.

Speaker wired backwards (it should identify it though).

Speaker not in direct line-of-sight to the microphone.

Sound reflecting off of a surface or furniture and fooling the mic.

Speaker setup selected correctly (5.1/6.1/7.1) My 912 seems to have trouble with this.

A speaker with a bad driver or crossover.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well the error I'm getting is: "ERR Sch - Check surround or surround back speaker connections."

(I'm thinking of just reseting it to factory settings & starting over before I try again, as I may have messed w/something. No big as I am in the middle of a new install of all components.)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
when I had that error it was because I had the surrounds connected to the wrong outputs on the receiver, check your connections.

Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Funny thing is I can hear all the "Test Tones" thru ALL the speakers when running MCACC, so I know they're working & connected right. BUT, I will quadruple check again when I get home tonight. Wonder if it's my Mic placement? I tried it in several spots: Middle of carpeted floor, middle of couch which is under rear surrounds(rooms a bit small) & on top of my head while sitting on that couch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I'm the originator of this one, I'll let you know what I did. Even though I checked my connections thoroughly, I still got the error message. I ended up redoing all connections - both at the speakers and the receiver. Things work fine now. I would advise *really* going over the connections again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After 4 more hours of install hell it looks like I have a blown RR Channel. I was wrong about hearing 'Test Tones' on that channel. I re-wired all speaker connections-no change.

I know the speaker works cause it has sound when connected to another channel. Not only that but I cant 'reset' the amp to factory. I follow the instructions but no go. Looks like it's RMA time-arrghh!

·
Registered
57 Posts
YES! I figured it out. I had 2 problems I guess. A bad connection AND I had the surround speakers hooked to the wrong terminals('Surround Back Speakers' instead of 'Surround Speakers')-DUH!:eek:

I just couldn't get it through my head that 'Surround Back ...' was only for 6.0 or greater set ups. On my old Sony 5.0 amp these were labeled as 'Rear'(aka Back)-arghh!

Anyway, now the MCACC works awesome & my all new 5.1 set-up sounds great. I'm so glad I re-read the manual several times-lol. Thanks again guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.