AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some problems streaming episodes of Dexter (non HD) via netflix on my xbox. My 1120 is new as are the HDMI cables. Here is my setup: XBOX360 -> 1120 -> Samsung LN52B750. Everything is connected via HDMI (the cheap "1.4" Amazon cables).

At times the playback is choppy or as if there is frame drop issues. It happens in a split second - enough to perturb the scene. It seems to be happening when the camera pans fast and the object in the scene is moving, but not all the time. This is not due to a network issue -- netfilx is not recalibrating during playback.

TV Settings: Blur / Judder reduction 10/0

xbox: Changed color space to auto / expanded

1120: Straight out of the box?

Aside from the 1120 addition, I am running everything via HDMI. Is this a cabling issue?? 1120 upconverting issue?

·
Registered
154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinman /forum/post/19565689

I'm having some problems streaming episodes of Dexter (non HD) via netflix on my xbox. My 1120 is new as are the HDMI cables. Here is my setup: XBOX360 -> 1120 -> Samsung LN52B750. Everything is connected via HDMI (the cheap "1.4" Amazon cables).

At times the playback is choppy or as if there is frame drop issues. It happens in a split second - enough to perturb the scene. It seems to be happening when the camera pans fast and the object in the scene is moving, but not all the time. This is not due to a network issue -- netfilx is not recalibrating during playback.

TV Settings: Blur / Judder reduction 10/0

xbox: Changed color space to auto / expanded

1120: Straight out of the box?

Aside from the 1120 addition, I am running everything via HDMI. Is this a cabling issue?? 1120 upconverting issue?

Try bypassing the 1120. I'd assume it is either the network or the xbox causing the stuttering.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's the way I had it setup before with no issue. I was hoping to run everything through the 1120 to avoid audio / video sync issues.

Update:: After more testing:

- this issues is not present on PS3 netflix streaming.

- Both XBOX SD and HD content exhibit this problem.

I have the xbox set to 1080P output, so the xbox is doing some upconverting.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinman /forum/post/0

Yep that's the way I had it setup before with no issue. I was hoping to run everything through the 1120 to avoid audio / video sync issues.

Update:: After more testing:

- this issues is not present on PS3 netflix streaming.

- Both XBOX SD and HD content exhibit this problem.

I have the xbox set to 1080P output, so the xbox is doing some upconverting.

Try setting the xbox to 720p and letting the 1120 do the upconversion...

If you leave the xbox at 1080p, be sure to set the 1120 to pass the video untouched...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Murilo: Nope, in the US.

@Palehorse: How do you pass through the video untouched? The setup screens don't seem to have anything about disabling video processing.

BTW, gaming is perfect - no issues at all. Although, I had to turn off the HDMI control feature. (I think) this was introducing lag during MW2.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinman
@Murilo: Nope, in the US.

@Palehorse: How do you pass through the video untouched? The setup screens don't seem to have anything about disabling video processing.

BTW, gaming is perfect - no issues at all. Although, I had to turn off the HDMI control feature. (I think) this was introducing lag during MW2.
There are many settings on the 1120 that are not found in the setup menus. You need to read the entire manual.

Hint: there Is a Video Parameters button on the remote.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse
There are many settings on the 1120 that are not found in the setup menus. You need to read the entire manual.

Hint: there Is a Video Parameters button on the remote.

Yes yes... RTFM - I know.
There is just so much!! Only made it through the basics so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.