AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between THX and cinema mode for watching DVDs(OPPO BD93) or movies from

Directv. I know it is a personal preference...but I am curious to see what others prefer.and why...

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow those are some real intelligent responses. I read the thread earlier and was wondering what on earth they were talking about. I wish I owned the set to give you a valid response. Perhaps you should try the owners thread.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodges69 /forum/post/20889731

I am torn between THX and cinema mode for watching DVDs(OPPO BD93) or movies from

Directv. I know it is a personal preference...but I am curious to see what others prefer.and why...

Thanks

A lot depends on the light control in your room. We watch most all movies at night using THX mode. This mode is usually less bright than the other modes available, but if you can control the light in the room it is plenty bright enough and the color is outstanding. We use custom mode when there is more light in the room. I did have my set professionally calibrated (totally worth it). THX mode is 30 fL and Custom is 42 fL. I have never used the Cinema mode although it seems to be close to the THX mode in brightness level with THX offering superior color rendition.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone

I do plan on having the set calibrated....and if the rumors are true about a Panny color adjustment fix,I will wait until after that...As I understand,the fix will require a re calibration and I see no sense in having it done twice over,what I hope,will be a short period of time.

BTW,the viewing room is naturally dark...which is a great plus.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK; /forum/post/0

Wow those are some real intelligent responses. I read the thread earlier and was wondering what on earth they were talking about. I wish I owned the set to give you a valid response. Perhaps you should try the owners thread.

The guy was wondering which mode was closest to pro-calibration, and wanted to use it while watching dirty sources -> bluray is not a dirty source, will work best in combination with pro-calibration..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.