AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any VT30 owner... Do the black bars on wide screen content blend in with the bezel of this tv? I read on CNet that this tv has the deepest blacks of any plasma this year & that they won't rise. I'm interested in this tv now that my Samsung has the brightness pop issue that wont go away no matter the settings. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls /forum/post/20871110

For any VT30 owner... Do the black bars on wide screen content blend in with the bezel of this tv? I read on CNet that this tv has the deepest blacks of any plasma this year & that they won't rise. I'm interested in this tv now that my Samsung has the brightness pop issue that wont go away no matter the settings. Thanks in advance....

They blend in with some content, but not all. Content that is relatively dark in nature with a low average picture level will not make the blacks get anywhere near blending, yet they will be darker than just about anything being sold on the market this year sans a couple top local dimming lcd sets.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls /forum/post/20871110

For any VT30 owner... Do the black bars on wide screen content blend in with the bezel of this tv?

Now you know why manufacturers have been reducing the width of the bezel!

Haven't seen the VT30 in a totally dark room, but my LG PX950 which has lighter blacks than the Panasonic does the disappearing act.

·
Banned
992 Posts
Get your TV fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.