AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.

I read in one of the threads that the VT30's are really difficult to calibrate. Due to the fact that the menu pop up come or something to that affect. I'm going to attempt a calibration on my brothers vt30 this weekend and wondering is ControlCal the preferred method for manipulating controls or will the Calman controls suffice?

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
CalMAN connects to the VT30 and has DDC controls for all of the important calibration controls. The latest version of CalMAN can switch off all the menus, just make sure you grab 4.3.2 and the latest panasonic workflows.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Calman introduced an update that allows the OSD to be turned off, so it can be used now.

However, ControlCAL still has some useful and potentially necessary features like the ability to save settings files and copy settings from one input to another.

I use both.

But the VT30 is still a tricky, tricky beast. There are many quirks and tips to learn to get the most out of them. I posted my preferred techniques on the CalMAN board.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B /forum/post/20885841

Calman introduced an update that allows the OSD to be turned off, so it can be used now.

However, ControlCAL still has some useful and potentially necessary features like the ability to save settings files and copy settings from one input to another.

I use both.

But the VT30 is still a tricky, tricky beast. There are many quirks and tips to learn to get the most out of them. I posted my preferred techniques on the CalMAN board.

Thanks Chad! Will check out your advice on the SpectracalForum!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Can ControlCal be used to change settings for the "Custom" mode or any mode other than ISF Day or ISF Night ?
Yes, and Custom has all controls available like the ISFccc memories unlike many of the other non-ISFccc picture modes.

You can email me if for the steps but it's covered in one of emails I originally sent you

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Thanks Turbe,

I thought that was the case but I've gotten a little rusty with your program. I've been working the ISF modes only (in Calman) for the last year or two, but I want to calibrate in Custom mode for use with Vcast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.