AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a VT540 and the remote doesn't have the 'Aspect' button that shows in the manual and the related choices in the advanced menus are dimmed.

Do I have an older model? Am I doing something wrong? I guess I can wait until Monday to call NEC but I thought I'd check here first.

I was using only the RGB input but changed the mode to both video and composite but was still unable to access these features.

Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
It seems that you have older model or refurb unit. See label on side of projector to see model and manufacturing date. Newer model is VT540K and it has been out for several months now. Anyway you should be able to change aspect ratio (except for RBG) from advanced menu even if you have old model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use a HD15 pin from Iscan to 540 and can change aspect ratio with the onscreen menu. You just have to clip all but 6 pins on the cable for the projector to recognize component.

Do a search on 540 and cable and there's one good post that details exactly which pins, if you can't find it I can check my cable and let you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you saying that I can use that HD15 cable and change the source to something other than RGB to get access to the aspect ratio selection? What about the stock cable?

I changed to an s-video cable on my PowerBook and the aspect ratio choice could be modified but the picture stunk. I'm not sure what this special HD15 cable does. Do you use it for normal rgb too?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Gack!! You don't want to use S out from the computer. Use WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc. to handle AR. Clipping the pins to make a component cable does not make an RGB signal component! You would need to use an Audio Authority (or likewise) converter, the output of which can be fed (using a component HD15 cable) to the VT540.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if I wanted to change the aspect ratio I would have to use the s-video out from my computer instead of the HD15 plug (video)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.